Sexual harassment is widely condemned as a form of human rights violation, an infringement on life and liberty and a grave form of discrimination affront to dignity, gender equality, and fundamental rights. In compliance with the mandate of Supreme Court Judgment, ISM has adopted guidelines & procedures to observe the law on harassment of women in workplace. ISM is committed to providing for all women employees and students of the institution, a place of work and study that is free from sexual harassment, intimidation and exploitation.Aggrieved girls/women can post their complaints addressed to the Presiding Officer, or mail to the following e-mail id: email@example.com
Any of the other members of the committee may also be approached through e-mail or telephone call for help in lodging complaints or other related issues
Only complaints against sexual harassment will come under the purview of the ICC.
The Committee also invites suggestions and ideas from all students, research scholars, employees and their family members in IIT (ISM) to promote gender sensitization activities within the campus.
IIT(ISM) has constituted a Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) on women affairs comprising the following members to address complaints of such harassment. The Committee will also aim to create general awareness to sensitize the community about gender issues and work towards an enabling environment and conducive atmosphere of gender justice, personal security and dignity.
1. Prof. Rima Chatterjee, Deptt. of App. Geophysics, Presiding Officer
2. Dr Keka Ojha, Deptt. of Petroluem Engineering, Faculty Member
3. Dr Sahendra Singh, Dept. of App: : Geology, Faculty Member
4. Ms Sukhninder Kaur, AR (Estt.), Non-Teaching Member
5. Smt. Nirmala Ray, DEO, Non-Teaching Member
6. Shri Chandan Veygray, Founder Samadhan Educatinal Trust, Non-Teaching Member
7. Ms Harshita Saumya, Adm No. 2014JE00006, Student Member
8. Ms Surabhi Suman, Adm No. 2014JE000549, Student Member
9. Shri Ankit Agarwal, Adm No. 2014JE000553, Student Member
|Sexual Harassment is an offence under The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace
(Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal ) Act, 2013 No. 14 of 2013
|Click Here for details of Act