- National seminar on “Instrumental techniques in chemical analysis”, Sept 15 – 16., 2001(Coordinator: Dr. A. Sarkar).
- Workshop on “Characterization and utilization of ash- WCUF-2005”, April 18,2005(Coordinator: Dr. A. Sarkar).
- Lecture-cum-interaction session on “High carbon-ash: Future perspectives” Feb. 2, 2006 ( Coordinators: Dr. G Udayabhanu and Dr. A Sarkar); Guest speaker was Dr. Gulab Singh, Advisor, TIFAC (FUAP), Dept. of S&T, GOI. Many dignitaries attended it from India and abroad. Other speakers were Dr. A. Sarkar (AC), Dr. A. K. Verma (AGL) and Dr. A. K. Paul (CME)
Executive Development Programme
- One course on “Use of sophisticated instruments on chemical analysis”, Nov 6 to 11, 1995 (Coordinator: Dr. A. Sarkar).
- One course on “ Application of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopic analysis”, Aprial 30 to May 4, 2001 ( Coordinator: Dr. A. Sarkar, Co-coordinator: Dr. D. D. Pathak).
- One course on “FTIR spectroscopic Analysis of Coal,Minerals and Free silica” for executives of NIMH, Nagpur ,Dec 01-05,2006. ( Coordinator: Dr. A.Sarkar, Co-coordinator: Dr. G.Udaybhanu).