Department of Physics was initiated in 1989 as a separate department. The Department of Physics and Mathematics founded in 1926 along with the School and subsequently converted into the Department of Applied Science in 1984 was restructured as the Department of Applied Physics and now as Physics. Department caters to the needs of under-graduate and post-graduate programmes in the form of teaching Physics to Preparatory, B.Tech. (common), two-years M.Sc (Physics), and four-years B.Tech. (Engineering Physics) students. The department also runs Ph.D. programme in frontline areas of research.
The department is actively involved in research and development programmes in the frontier areas of Physics on:
Moreover the students have won laurels at national and international level.
For further details, please contact:
Head of the Department
Phone : 0326-223-5282 (O)
Fax : 0326- 2296563