The Department of Engineering was an indispensible constituent, of Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, since the inception of the Institute in 1926. In recognition of the expanding activities of the Department, it was renamed as “Department of Mechanical Engineering & Mining Machinery” in the year 1973. With the development of substantial infrastructure and expertise, the Institute felt and recognized the necessity to start the B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering course in the year 1999. Consequently, the name of the Department was changed to “Department of Mechanical Engineering & Mining Machinery Engineering” in the year 2002. In few years, the B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering course acclaimed much popularity and increased its intake size to such an extent that the Institute decided to declare the “Department of Mechanical Engineering” to work independently from 26th June, 2013.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering strives to attain national and international recognition for its superior education ambience, state-of-the-art facility for research, and academic programs that imparts ability to deliver the solutions for advancement, sustenance and protection of the human society.
To enable graduates and post-graduates students for successful engineering career by inculcating sound technical knowledge to pursue life-long learning, serve the profession and meet intellectual, ethical and career challenges. To create and maintain state-of-the-art research facilities to provide its students and faculty members with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of the society. To foster R&D activities to disseminate the technology through publications, providing technical expertise and training academic and industry personnel through professional courses.
For further details, please contact:
Head of the Department
Phone: 0326-223-5260 (O)