DST INSPIRE Faculty and any such Faculty.
In order to attract the brilliant young talents at IIT (ISM) and to provide platform for taking-up
the cutting edge research following facilities are being provided to be DST INSPIRE Faculty
and any such Faculty.
- Teaching: To enable such faculties to gain teaching experience and build their career they are
encouraged to contribute towards teaching UG, PG and Ph.D. courses. Further, they are to offer
new elective courses at UG, PG and Ph. D. levels.
- Thesis supervision: They are allowed to supervise research students (Undergraduate, Post
Graduate/PhD etc.) as a co-guide. If such faculties are absorbed as regular faculty members, the
fellowship holders can act as principal supervisor along with earlier supervisor who in turn can
now act as co-supervisor. In case fellowship holders leave the institute before regularization in the
host institute, principal supervisor takes the responsibility of guiding the students until completion
of Ph.D thesis or the leaving fellowship holder should transfer his/her students to the new migrating
institute. Before recommending fellows to any of the above mentioned fellowships by the host
institute, this policy must be informed to principal and co-supervisor who are guiding research
students taken under the fellows.
- Research and office space: Office space for research and discussion, sufficient lab space for
experimental/theoretical research along with necessary facilities like office furniture’s, desktop
with printer, storage space and any other facilities required for the research of the fellows expertise
should be provided.
- Medical facilities: Free consultation and medicine, for Inspire Faculty with spouse and their
minor children, available at Institute’s Health Centre.
- HRA: To be provided with transit accommodation within the Campus on applicable license fee
and other user charges.
- Leave: Leave facilities at par with regular faculties of IIT (ISM) excluding LTC should be
- Research Grants: Fellows will be encouraged to apply for receiving regular research grants
through the extramural funding schemes of various science and technology agencies of
Government of India and abroad.
- Utilization of research grant: As for the faculty members, the selected fellows are independent
to work and spend their research grant according to the guidelines of sponsoring agencies. The
institute rules should be followed for purchase from research grant, as required by the regular
faculty members of IIT (ISM), Dhanbad.