Department of Applied Physics was initiated in 1989 as a separate department. The Department of Physics and Mathematics founded in 1926 along with the School and subsequently converted into the Department of Applied Science in 1984 was restructured as the Department of Applied Physics.
Department caters to the needs of UG and PG programmes in the form of teaching Physics to B.Tech (common), Preparatory, 2-Yr M.Sc (Applied Physics), 4-Yr B.Tech. (Engineering Physics) and M. Phil (Applied Physics) students. The department also runs Ph.D. programme in frontline areas of research. The department has produced about 43 M.Phil. Students and 35 Ph.D. scholars so far.
The department is actively involved in R & D programmes in the frontier areas of Applied Physics on:
Prof. ANIL KUMAR NIRALA
Head of the Department
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 0326-2235282 (O), 0326-2296620 (Direct)
Fax : 0326- 2296563